Sunday, July 19, 2009

The week




Eric was at a conference in Colorado from Wednesday through Saturday night. When we were at swim class, the little girl in her class had a cousin visiting from Colorado, and Casey said, "like Daddy?" I couldn't believe she remembered.
.
We did our best to entertain ourselves during the week. On Friday, after swim class, a stroller run with Wendy, and some errands, Katie and Marie came over for dinner. Well, Marie and I ate dinner, Casey and Katie ran around like crazy girls. The first picture is a rare moment with them sitting quietly. Casey is reading Curious George Goes Fishing to Katie.
.
Saturday we went to the lazy park again with Allison and her girls, Mary Courtney and Maggie. The girls play so nicely together. We had sandwiches, but of course Casey just went right for the middle - not a big fan of the bread.
.
She was tired on the drive home from the park but didn't fall asleep. Usually on the weekends we plan to be somewhere so we can drive home around 1:30 and let Casey fall asleep in the car. We got home and I put her in bed, and sat in her chair and read. She fell asleep eventually. Of course it didn't work one day later, but at least we know it's possible, if the stars align. She slept for almost three hours.
.
Saturday night we went to Max and Jonah's for dinner and a swim. Ellie does the sign for "Casey" now (squeezes her cheek) and it's really cute. Casey and Ellie played with Ellie's cousins, Chloe and Riley. Casey, Ellie, Chloe, and I played a LOT of ring around the rosie in the hot tub. We practiced some of the things she learned in her class. I would say, remember when you did this with Sam at swim class? And she would say, "I cry se you." (I cried for you.) And then I would remind her that she did have some fun and didn't cry the whole time. Chloe colored with them on the chalkboard. We stayed up late so we could see Eric when he got home.

No comments: