Friday, July 17, 2009

Swim class







Oh my gosh that was hard! We went to swim class about a half hour early so we could see what it looks like before Casey's turn. (And because I am not known for my navigational skills and had already tried to drive by once and didn't find it.) Casey kept saying, "I want to go in! Why isn't it my turn?" Finally it was her turn and I took her over and dropped her with her teacher, Sam, and one other little girl who just turned 3 and was there for her first time.

When I tried to picture how she would do I really had no idea and could see it going either way. She loves the water but I wasn't sure how she'd do with a stranger for a half hour. I had warned her that she would be with a teacher and I wouldn't be in the pool with her but I hadn't realized I'd be in a different room behind glass. She did great for about 10 minutes until, "I WANT MOMMY!" started ringing throughout the whole place. Then the other little girl started crying too. I think they alternated crying for the rest of the class. Poor Sam. I guess he's used to it. When I went to pick her up after 30 minutes she was hysterical and saying, "I cry for you." Ugh.

I took some pictures from behind the glass. They aren't great but you get the idea. I tried to take them when she wasn't crying and when she looked at them she said, "I'm crying there? I'm crying there?"

They got to wear goggles and little fins and swim back and forth a little. They got to throw a little ball in a basketball hoop. The last picture shows Sam adjusting the basket for Casey's water-skimming shots.

She just fell asleep on my lap. An hour and a half early. Wish me luck next week.

1 comment:

M3 said...

"I cry for you!" Man, oh man, she's going right for the heart there. Yeesh. This stuff is hard. Hoping she decides swim lessons are her favorite thing ever and the next time you pick her up she cries because she's not ready to get out of the pool yet.