Monday, May 19, 2008

Sick again



Eric's in Prague for a conference for a week. We're not. We're home sick again, coughing, sneezing, crying, and pointing and yelling. Upstairs, no, downstairs! Eric called this morning and said he went on a run. And then sent an email saying there is a guy there doing caricatures. That doesn't sound like any of the conferences I've gone to. He sent us a copy. Casey looked at it and said "dada!"

We sent him this picture of shnotty Casey. She wasn't too bad on Saturday so I thought maybe she'd be ok on Sunday. We were supposed to go out with some friends and I got up early to get us all packed up and get breakfast ready, just in case. She was sleepy all day and didn't want me to put her down, and her radar went off if I tried to put her down while she was sleeping. We used every dish in the house and wasted lots and lots of food.

Right now we're playing hide dogdog. She loves to hide things and say "hmmmm??" and put her hands out to the side like she's saying "where is it?" She isn't a very good hider but that's a good thing because otherwise I wouldn't know to say "where's dogdog??" She tries to hide her sippy cup under a bottle cap and then we have to figure out where the cup is. She must think we're pretty dumb. One of my earliest memories was when I was between three and four and I used to take my biggest doll over to my dad and say "Jon just woke up from his nap" and hand the doll to my dad and he got fooled every single time. I thought I was pretty clever and it was a long time later that I realized that there's no way I would have been walking around with a baby by myself at that age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Casey. On the bright side, she looks soooo cute with that yellow clip!

Jeanine