Thursday, August 9, 2012

Camp





Casey was so loved at camp. So many of the counselors made sure to say goodbye to her. The camp director told me that someone called her an old soul. I swear she told me the same thing last year. I will have to check the blog. Maybe I wrote it down. We ran into two of the counselors at the farmer's market tonight and they were both so happy to see her. She handed me her ice cream so she would be able to hug them. It was really cute.

Picture 1. Cable car
Picture 2. Lombard Street
Picture 3. Ice cream
Picture 4. Suspension bridge
Picture 5. Casey with the camp director

I don't think she learned much about science, but she did learn that it's ok to make mistakes. There is a mistake wall where if someone makes a mistake, they put it up there. As I type it, I see it doesn't sound good, but they do it in a fun way, and the counselors put their mistakes up there too. She said she had one mistake up there. The paint puddle. One day Eric picked her up and Chris told him to ask Casey about painting. She wouldn't tell us what happened. Turns out she kept pouring paint and stirring it up. Not sure that was exactly a "mistake" because I know she loves doing that, but that's the one thing she had up on the mistake wall. She laughs about it now.

She also learned to try to make stuff out of everything. She won't let me bring the green strawberry containers back to the guy at the farmer's market. She wants to make stuff out of them.

No comments: