Friday, October 10, 2008

Will I ever learn?

I had to go into the office for a short call today so a colleague and I could interview a principal. I thought about dropping Casey off at daycare for an hour but then I started to think she'd enjoy going to the office and I brought lots of toys: blocks, books, doll stroller, DogDog, Eeyore, cars, the works. The whole way over in the car I prepped her on all the toys we brought and the idea that she'd have to be quiet while I was on the phone. She agreed to it all.

I am a little challenged with the phone, and was trying to get two different people on the call. Sometimes I can't even get one person on the phone because I forget to dial 9 first or I try to put the numbers in too fast. So I couldn't tell if I'd lost the first person and I said "Kim?" and then my little parrot started saying "Kim? Kim? Kim!" By the time I got both people on the phone my purse was dumped out on the floor and my wallet was cleaned out. There were wipes everywhere. Everything was fair game. Again, I should have taken an "after" picture but I was in a closed office with a poopy diaper and the diaper bag was in the car.

Afterwards we went out for lunch and we brought DogDog and Eeyore in the stroller. The guys were very good at the restaurant. Casey gave them each a straw to play with so they wouldn't be bored.

No comments: